- someone working for a company that produces books, advertisements, or films, whose job involves writing, drawing, or having new ideas, and who does not have to wear a suit or neat clothes when they are at work — compare suit[m0] ▪ II. creative cre‧a‧tive 1 [kriˈeɪtɪv] adjective1. producing or using new and interesting ideas:
• The movie company has come under criticism for focusing too heavily on marketing and not enough on creative issues.
• He regularly gives lectures and classes on creative thinking.2. MARKETING relating to the work of producing advertisements etc at an advertising agency, rather than management of the agency:
• She is leaving the agency to take a senior creative position elsewhere.— creativity noun [uncountable]— creativeness noun [uncountable]
* * *Ⅰ.creative UK US /kriˈeɪtɪv/ adjective► producing or using original and unusual ideas: creative artist/designer/person »
We attract creative people who want to get involved in building companies up.creative ability/potential/talent »
Every member of the organization has creative potential.»
We felt that it was a creative solution to a difficult problem.creatively adverb► »
Working in a cutting-edge environment makes us think more creatively.creativity noun [U]► »
The organization celebrates and rewards creativity in its staff.Ⅱ.creative UK US /kriˈeɪtɪv/ noun [C]► INFORMAL a person whose job is to suggest new ideas or design, draw, or write things: »
The company has a team of 10 creatives working on the project.
Financial and business terms. 2012.